Ride Out: Oxford Meetup® to Caffeine & Machine
Hosted by: Dave Tomlinson
One of our regular mid week runs on a mix of A and B roads through the beautiful Oxfordshire countryside…..
Meet: at Thame Costa from 9.30am (9 High St, Thame OX9 2BZ)
Depart: riding away at 10.00 – full tank and empty bladder…..
Route: The route file can be found here https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/route/4013368?mode=share
Covid-19 regs. limit us to 6 participants, so if you are bringing a pillion please add them to your booking as a guest.
If the weather looks severe for Thursday, we will postpone. Please check for updates on this event page. You will also get a message via Meetup messaging.
As up to 6 of us will be together in public places at the start, during the break and at the destination it is likely/possible we will be there at the same time as other riders/drivers/pedestrians. It is important we do not exceed our 6-person group and maintain a 2m social distance at all times.
# # # Please do not sign up to this ride if you are: Self-isolating; Shielding or part of a household that is. # # #
To protect your own health and keep others safe, the following applies:
1. Ensure your motorcycle is road legal, carry out POWER (petrol, oil, water, electrics, rubber) checks beforehand;
2. Remain outdoors and in a public place for the duration of the ride, always maintaining the government’s recommended social distancing of at least 2m;
3. Know and follow the COVID-19 safety procedures at filling stations or shops;
4. Avoid touching or riding each other’s machines;
5. Bring appropriate COVID-19 safety kit (such as alcohol hand gel, masks, gloves, tissues, plastic bags, etc.) as well as food, refreshments and all other necessary resources for the journey;
6. Have a full tank of fuel and try to limit the number of fuel stops needed during the ride.
7. You should be prepared to wear a face covering if social distancing is likely to be compromised.
During the pre-ride briefing, you will be reminded of this safety info and the ‘buddy’ system explained so we lose no one on route.
Other important stuff
• Any glitches on the day – call David 07554 033284
• Please read our Ground Rules and Disclaimer in the “What we’re about section”. https://www.meetup.com/BMW-Club-Oxford-Motorcycle-Riders/
• We will use the ‘buddy’ system to ensure we lose no one on the ride. You might like to take a look at: https://bmwcluboxford.com/group-riding-a-view-from-a-u-s-lawyer/ which is a U.S. lawyer’s take on group riding.
• Thames Valley Air Ambulance provides a life-saving rescue service to motorcyclists and others. If you feel moved to make an entirely voluntary donation of £2 towards their costs, there will be an opportunity to do so. You should not treat this invitation as an obligation to make a donation to this wonderful emergency service.