headset connectivity process tips

Home Forums Bluetooth connection headset connectivity process tips

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  drdrsteve 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

James McMinn

a common query we get regarding Bluetooth connectivity is “what pairs with what?”

here’s a quick tips guide of how the pairing process works.

there are basically 2 different pairing processes and they are for bikes with or without BMW audio system.

the audio system is an option on R1200RT and K1600 models and these models transmit the audio (music and nav commands) via Bluetooth. in order for the music to be played back the headset must be connected with an A2DP connection (stereo) and most Bluetooth headsets inc BMW communicator are preset so that the first connection (from new or from a restore) is A2DP.

So the pairing process for bikes with audio system is:

headset – bike (first) headset – nav (second) headset – pillion headset (third) nav – phone (finally)

I have learnt that it helps to switch off helmet and bike after each pairing

for bikes without audio it is far easier but its important to restore the headset so that its first pairing is A2DP.

headset – nav (A2DP/first) nav – phone (second) headset – pillions headset (finally)

its important not to pair your phone directly to the headset if you want to use your nav to control phone calls.

I hope this helps.

James.

drdrsteve
    Keymaster

Thanks James that is very useful. I carry the K1600 pairing guide PDF as well which is a encyclopaedic description of the possible pairing scenarios. Its attached if anyone would like a copy.

drdrsteve
    Keymaster

Hi James, very useful, thank you. BMW Motorrad also have the K1600 pairing manual which is VERY comprehensive, I carry a copy on my iPhone just in case I need it or if you need something to send you to sleep at night! I have attached a copy ion anyone wants it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.