Motorcycle Sport and Leisure reported BMW Motorrad sales for 2014. Another record for BMW with 6,959 vehicles registered up 15% from 2013. BMW Motorrad market share now stands at 16% in the over 500cc category the highest ever.
In the two key market segments for BMW Motorrad Adventure and Touring, MSL reported the following highlights:
- R1200GS is the best selling motorcycle over 125cc for the fifth year running. R1200GSA is the second best selling motorcycle.
- R1200GS/GSA combined hit a new record of 2,641 vehicles making it the best selling powered two wheeler!
- BMW’s market share of the Adventure segment is 28%
- R1200RT is the best selling touring motorcycle with 28% of the touring market. F800GT was second, K1600s third.
- R1200RT was the 5th best selling motorcycle over 125cc.
- BMW’s market share of the Touring segment is 53%.
The growth in BMW Motorrad sales is very good news for the BMW Owners Club. Compared to 2009 BMW Motorrad is registering 116% more motorcycles per year in 2014. The humble BMW Club Oxford section however has 138% more members than we had in 2009 so BMW Motorrad has a way to go to catch up yet!